The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) is a Quaker organization that includes people of various faiths who are committed to social justice, peace and humanitarian service. Our work is based on the principles of the Religious Society of Friends, the belief in the worth of every person, and faith in the power of love to overcome violence and injustice.
AFSC -Middle East Regional Office (MERO)
Palestine Youth Program (PYP)
Palestine Youth Program (PYP) was founded in 1995, both in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip aiming at providing technical assistance to NGOs leaders and the youth they serve from Gaza and WB. The PYP challenges the consequences of all forms of isolation and discrimination imposed on youth in the Palestinian territories, the program enabled youth to become proactive agents of social change by engaging them in the twin s processes of democratization and community development, through its support of several projects in Gaza and West Bank.
The QPYP supports the following themes in partnership with youth NGOs and volunteers:
- Preserving the environment and heritage.
- Sustainable development of community in developing its needs.
- Capacity building and skills development.
- Youth Rehabilitation to address the general public and international networking.
- Polarization of advocacy.
- The use of technology in education to help overcoming the special needs and disabilities.